Suddenlink Communications is a U.S. cable provider. Its services include high-speed Internet, television, home phone and security solutions. Suddenlink was established in February of 2003 and now has more than 6,000 employees1. Suddenlink serves customers in the following states and elsewhere1:
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
The Suddenlink Communications headquarters are in St Louis, MO2. Suddenlink provides service to roughly 1.4 million residential customers and 86,800 business customers2.
Suddenlink prides itself on remaining a local Internet provider1. Suddenlink employees are involved in local charities and organizations to support the communities they serve1.
Suddenlink Internet options
Suddenlink cable Internet offers four different plans3:
- 15 Mbps download / 1.5 Mbps upload:This plan is best for users who are looking to send and receive emails, browse web pages and surf the Internet3.
- 30 Mbps download / 2 Mbps upload:This plan works for streaming TV shows and movies online3.
- 50 Mbps download / 3 Mbps upload:This Suddenlink Internet plan allows users to enjoy online gaming and more complex Internet activities.
- 107 Mbps download / 5 Mbps upload:This is the fastest Suddenlink cable Internet plan.
Suddenlink Internet prices
Suddenlink currently offers its 15 Mbps Internet plan for $35.00 per month3. This is a limited time offer and some restrictions may apply3.
Suddenlink also offers bundle packages. Customers can bundle high-speed Internet, home phone and HDTV together for one monthly price4.
You should spend some time researching Suddenlink Internet bundles, as well as bundles from other Internet providers, before making a final decision. Other providers may be able to offer more competitive prices for their bundled services.
Research other Internet providers
Before you select an Internet service provider for your home, you should research all of the options in your area. In order to select the best provider for your home, you should ask yourself the following key questions:
- What kind of Internet speed do you need? Are you looking for a basic Internet plan that will allow you to check your email and surf the Internet? Or are you looking for a speedier Internet plan so that you can stream your favorite movies and TV shows and play games online?
- How much do you value security?You should consider how secure your future Internet connection will be, especially if you will be communicating sensitive personal information at any point. According to MyRatePlan.com, DSL lines are generally more secure than cable modems5.
- How many users share your Internet connection?Cable providers, like Suddenlink, operate over a shared Internet connection. In some cases, cable Internet customers may share their Internet connection with up to 500 other households. Cable companies’ shared networks may mean that cable customers spend more time waiting for web pages to load, especially during peak hours.
DSL Internet providers, on the other hand, provide unique Internet connections. DSL Internet users do not have to share their connections with as many other households. DSL Internet connections are each dedicated to a specific user and may operate faster than shared cable connections.
1Data collected on 08/25/2014 from http://www.suddenlink.com/our-company/who/
2Data collected on 08/26/2014 from http://static.suddenlink.synacor.com/ul/pdf/suddenlink_facts.
3Data collected on 08/26/2014 from http://www.suddenlink.com/internet/why/
4Data collected on 08/26/2014 from http://suddenlink.com/brand/?gclid=CjwKEAjw4PCfBRCz966N9pvJ4GASJAAEdM_K65I7ekn0qKeZW07gdY0Icj5xO63p6m5FGpWpgreBnhoCJLbw_wcB
5Data collected on 08/26/2014 from http://www.myrateplan.com/internet